We adhere to the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and as such we are required to make information available to individuals about our personal information management policies and practices.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
Your privacy matters to us; whether you are new to the Company or a long-time customer, please do take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions, contact us.
Information we collect
We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you give us. We collect information about you and your company as you complete a form to order parts or book a service, create a purchasing order or service account with us, use, access, or interact with our services or our websites. Such content includes any personal information or other sensitive information that you choose to include. For example, many of our services require you to sign up for an account with us for services or purchasing parts. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number or credit card.
- We are committed to protect your personal information and will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any purposes other than those listed below:
- To identify you
- Understand your needs and preferences
- Provide you with ongoing services
- Establish and maintain communications
- Offer you additional services
- Meet regulatory obligations and legal requirements
- Emergency situations or personal safety issues
Collected Information – Its usage and value
We may use the information we collect, including your personal information and transaction information, from all of our services in any one or more of the locations that the Company has operations or otherwise conducts business (these locations currently being Ontario, Canada) for the following purposes:
- for internal and service-related purposes, such as to provide, maintain, protect, improve, and personalize our services, to develop new ones and to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company and our customers;
- to communicate with you in order to provide you with information we think may be useful or relevant to you;
- to promote our services and related services;
- to analyze information in order to offer anonymized data products to third parties;
- to facilitate the sharing of anonymized information with third parties, including transaction data. An example of anonymized information would be the number of times a template is used or location data;
- to monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our services and for marketing or advertising purposes or to offer you tailored content;
- to investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to or use of our services, and other illegal or unusual activities;
- when you contact us, to keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements;
- from cookies and other technologies, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services;
Your Choice and Our Transparency
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used and control who you share information with.
We will make every effort to protect any information you may have provided against loss or theft or unauthorized access and disclosure.
You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it’s important to remember that some of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. For example, making payments using our online portal.
Updating your Personal information
Whenever you use our services, upon request, we offer to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical.
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Should you wish to opt-out of our data collection and have your personal identifiable information removed, then email us at [email].
Consent and Sharing of Information
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations, and individuals unless one of the following circumstances apply:
- With your consent
We will share personal information with companies, organizations, or individuals outside of the Company when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- For external processing
- the international recipient may not be subject to the privacy laws and obligations that exist in Canada or to any similar privacy laws or obligations in the recipient’s location;
- you may not be able to seek redress against the international recipient either under Canada’s privacy laws or within the recipient’s country in relation to its handling of your personal information; and
- the international recipient may be subject to a foreign law that could compel the disclosure of personal information to a third party, such as an overseas authority.
- For incident response and maintenance
- For legal reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of the Company if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations;
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of the Company, our customers or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services. This could also include government bodies, industry groups, insurers and educational/training facilities.
We work hard to protect the Company and our customers from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) or Transport Layer Security (TLS).
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to our employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Have questions or concerns about the Company, our services and privacy? Please email us at [email].